Item location: Santa Rosa, California, United States
Extras
Air Conditioning
CD Player

Listed by
Private seller
Enquire

Description of 1971 Chevrolet Chevelle

https://youtu.be/Nv-lgvMQVK4 https://youtu.be/dLHYajHWMdw This car started life as a non SS. The car originally had a small block Chevy 350 and a turbo 350 transmission with a bench seat and column shift. The car had a complete restoration in 2001 which removed all of the rust and it was painted 1999 dodge viper yellow. I have never had another issue with the body of this car since. The paint is in good condition there are a few chips in the rear fenders and one chip in the drivers door that has been fixed. I have owned this car for 15 years and it has been garaged the entire time.
The interior of the car was also restored in 2001 which included changing the dash to an SS type. The seats were changed to 1971 buckets and refinished. I have since refinished the front seats for a second time about 6 weeks ago which included new springs, oam and covers. The headliner has been redone and the only original pieces left in the interior are the rear door panels and armrests.
the ls1 was added in 2009 and is from a 2003 Pontiac Trans Am. The motor and transmission had 33,000 miles when I purchased them and since then I have driven the car about 8,000 miles. It uses a wiring harness from Speartech. The car also has a vintage air conditioning set up that works very well. at highway speed the car runs about 2000 rpms and I have managed to get almost 26 miles per gallon in this car.
The drivetrain, rakes and suspension are all in very good working order. The front brakes are factory power discs and the rears are drum. The rear end is a GM 12 bolt with a Eaton posi and 3.55 gears. The suspension is mostly stock with upgraded sway bars front and rear, lso has UMI adjustable lower control arms in the rear. The car has 295 section rear tires that do not rub the fenders.
as of right now the only thing wrong with the car is that the speedometer does not work. The ls1 has a electrical output for the speedometer and the factory Chevelle speedometer requires a mechanical input. there are converter boxes on the market but I haven't had a chance to finish.