Item location: Lexington, South Carolina, United States
Extras
Air Conditioning, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
T-Tops, Alarm

Listed by
Private seller
Enquire

Description of 1986 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Well. the time has come for me to put my Camaro up for sale. I'm not crazy about putting it up for sale with all the investment I have in it knowing I won't get close to it back (I've got over 18k in this car). but I don't drive it enough. don't have anywhere to work on it to finish out the things I'd like to finish on it. and am going to be moving soon and could use the extra cash. The car is a great car. there are very few things on the car that I have not replaced. rebuilt. or reconditioned. That said. it could still use a little work here and there. These are the things that I have done to the car. I may be missing a few bolts that I replaced here or there but this is just going through the car off the top of my head hehe. Drivetrain / Suspension-Custom built 350 engine (supposed to be 340hp at the flywheel). Less than 10k miles on this engine. -For aesthetics in the engine bay. there are polished aluminum valve covers. chrome open air breather. and a chrome radiator trim cover-Edelbrock Performer RPM Intake-Holley 650CFM carb (Also have a Quadrajet 750CFM that can go with the car. it produces slightly less HP than the Holley. but gets around 6 to 8 mpg better)-Holley Mechanical Fuel Pump (Can't remember the exact model on this one but I'm pretty sure it's rated for like 140GPH)-Fuel pressure regulator with overflow return-Hooker 2055 Headers + Y-Pipe-3" Straight pipe to Flowmaster muffler with dual chrome rectangle tips. -140 Amp racing alternator-AC works and has been converted over to the newer R11 system. -T56 6 Speed transmission from a 97 Trans Am-Spohns T56 Crossmember with front driveshaft safety loop-Rear Axles replaced and upgraded to 28 spline axles-3:73 rear gears-Detroit TrueTrac differential-Koni Yellow struts and shocks-Eibach Pro-kit springs-Founders performance Camber / Caster Plates-Founders performance Rear Single Adjustable Lower Control Arms (including a relocation bracket to keep the correct angle with the lowered stance of the car)-Founders performance rear pan hard rod-Spohn 4140 Chrome Molly sway bar set (front and rear)-Front end completely rebuilt with Sphon Precision Front-End rebuild kit. -Front LCA Ball joints replaced as well-All bushings have been replaced with Energy Suspension bushingsInterior / Body-Reconditioned 87 Iroc wheels-Still plenty of tread left on the Indy 500 Oval Series tires (best tires I could find to fit the Iroc wheels)-I have the original Z28 wheels with nearly brand new all season tires on them. although they have been sitting (covered) for over 3 years. so not sure how good of condition they are in. -Autometer Phantom Gauges (installed into a stock cluster trim so that the original dummy lights and turn signals still work (although check engine stays as there is no engine according to the computer. so I pulled that bulb). Has RPM. Speedo. Fuel Guage. Temperature Gauge. and Oil Pressure. I have a Volt gauge as well still brand new in the box that I didn't have room for that the buyer can have as well if they want. -T-Top Weather stripping replaced (T-Tops still leak a little though and I haven't figured out anyway to fix them)-Hatch Weather stripping replaced-I have new door panels for the car but have not replaced them yet (was waiting to figure out how to fix the T-Top leak first). So they will go with the car. still in the box. -Also have door weather stripping that I haven't replaced yet because I was planning to do that when I did the door panels. It to will go with the car. -Carpet was replaced about 2 years ago-Floor mats. yeah I know listing floor mats really??. yes I am. cause these are a set of custom floor mats with a Z28 logo in them. High end / high quality floor mats that cost me over 100 dollars for the set. so yes I'm listing them!-New headliner-Dash pad cover (I did this before Hawks Third Gen started selling reproduction dashes. the cover doesn't look bad but it does have some bumps in it)-Seats replaced with a set of 4th gen seats from a 94 Camaro (much more comfortable than 3rd gens). Not in perfect condition but no tears. one small spot on passenger side seat (can be seen in pics). Powered driver side seat. -I have the original 3rd gen seats still in storage. If I do and the buyer wants them they can have them. but they aren't in great condition. -Steering wheel replaced with a recovered original steering wheel-Horn button replaced with a brand new OEM replacement. -All speakers replaced with high end 3 way speakers-Head unit replaced with aftermarket unit (can't remember the details on it. but it's a newer system supports bluetooth. mp3. usb plug. etc. No CD. this is one of those media player head units)-Two 10 inch subs in a custom built box in the T-Top storage area. I built this box so that the subs sit down into the storage area. and I have a removable board that lays over the top of that is carpeted with matching carpet to the rest of the car. The board has holes cut out for the speakers. but carpet covers the top of the holes. The effect is the subwoofers are hidden underneath it. Amp and capacitor are installed in the spare tire area (no spare tire). I can't remember offhand the details of all the components. but it sound great if you like bass in your music. I actually run them at very low bass. if I crank it all the way up it's way to much for me lol. -Most trim has been replaced or repainted (including all plastic covers). -Door lock actuators. and power window motors replaced-Seismic alarm system with keyless entry installedSo yeah. like I said. I've touched just about everything on the car :) Now for a few bad points because I want to be as honest I can when selling it:-The paint job looks descent but it's not the best. a better paint job was on my list of things still to do to the car. There is also a scratch in the driver side door that some lovely person left for me in a grocery store parking lot and I haven't been able to get it fixed yet (pictured). -As I mentioned the TTops do leak. I really don't see how you can make them stop leaking the way the weatherstripping for this car is made! It's not a bad leak. when driving down the road in the rain it usually doesn't actually get in. it's just a slow drip in right where the ttop weather stripping meats the chassis stripping if it's sitting still. -This isn't really a bad thing just wanted to point it out. When I converted to the T56 I kept the original pedals. master and slave cylinder. They work fine. but they over extend the clutch fork if you depress the pedal all the way. The short term solution is a metal bracket in the floorboard under the clutch pedal to stop it after full engagement before it over extends. You can't see the bracket unless you are down looking under the dash and I have never had it get in the way of anything (except the corner of the floor mat folds up). The odometer reading obviously is inaccurate since it has been completely replaced. It shows 4500 miles on the odometer right now. I do have this car for sale locally as well. so I reserve the right to end this auction early if the car sales locally for my buy it now price.