CLASSIC 1964 Jaguar Kougar Cars Jaguar Kougar

1964 Jaguar E-Type Kougar

Make: Jaguar
Model: E-Type
SubModel: Kougar
Type: Coupe
Year: 1964
Mileage: 5,648
VIN: P1B55349DN
Color: Yellow
Cylinders: 6
Fuel: Gasoline
Transmission: Manual
Drive type: RWD
Interior color: Black
Vehicle Title: Clear
Item location: Santa Barbara, California, United States

Description for Jaguar E-Type 1964

Here is the classic 1964 Jaguar Kougar
You need to understand that this car was made inthe late 1980 from
1964 Jaguar Parts, hence it is registered as a 1964
This car was purchased in 1982 in Los Angeles Ca.
The person it was bought from Purchased it from Universal Studios in 1981.
At that time is was white in color and has been repainted the current color of Yellow.
The car spent about 4 years in the Los Angeles Ca. and it has been in the Montecito area since
The Car has 5678 Original Miles on it

It you would like to see it in person that is just fine.
Contact me and we can setup a time for you to come and look at it.
The Car is located in Montecito, Ca.

The last one of the Kougars that I have found sold at auction fully restored for over $76K

3.8 L In-Line Six Cylinder XKE Engine with 3 SU Carburetors, Approx. 300 HP, S.A.E.
Four Speed Transmission with (overdrive) Rear Axle (electric)
0-60 MPH -- Approx 5.0 Seconds, 0-100 MPH and stop, approximately 19 seconds.
XKE Light Weight Chassis, Curb Weight, Approximately 1,850 pounds
Full Independent Suspension, with all-around disc brakes, rear brakes are inboard
Just over 5,800 original miles
The Car is in Great Condition and just needs a little more put into it to completely restore it.
The Title is clear, but the car has not been registered since 2008 and there is about $900 due in back fees in California.
Everything you want to know about the Kougar
Rick Stevens founded Kougar Cars in 1979, although the first (approximately 30) cars were marketed by a company called Storcourt Wells Ltd. He built the prototype in 1976, which incorporated an aluminum body. All the other cars have a fiberglass body shell. Rick still maintains an active interest in the Kougar Owners Club, as it's president.
Rick's inspiration for the Kougar originated in his ownership of a Jaguar S Type saloon, but recognized that it had a scrap value of only £100 to £200. He also realized that a first class sports car could be made by connecting the heavy lumps of the Jaguar together with a simple light weight body and chassis unit.
The sports car design was not directly inspired by any particular vehicle, but Rick admits to having a certain fondness for the Frazer Nash TT replica and the Healey Silverstone. The first car with an alloy body was sold to an American in 1977, but molds had prudently been taken from the alloy body and a batch of 5 cars was exported to Australia. The first cars featured a chrome grill, however, this was superseded by a cast alloy grill for a short time, after which a chrome grill was re-instated, albeit with two extra bars in 1979, still used today.
Production of the "Sports" model has been continuous with about 200 cars being sold over the years. In 1979 a second model, the Monza, was developed which utilized Ford engine components. Approximately 40 Monzas found their way mainly to the west coast of America. The Monza was eventually developed to take Jaguar components like the Sports and occasionally fitted with Rover V8 and Jaguar V12 engines, also the Jaguar XK engine.
Over the years about 60% of the cars were supplied as kits, the other 40% were complete cars supplied by Kougar Cars, of which 20% were registered as new and contained all new parts from Jaguar Cars Ltd. Some of these new vehicles were sold by H.R. Owen in London, and other distributors.
In 1990, the company Kougar Cars Ltd was wound up and a new company was formed called Kougar Cars (1990) Ltd. In June 1990 this new company was sold to Trent Engineering in Somerset. After trading for approximately 18 months, during which time approximately 6 Kougar Sport cars were built, Trent Engineering went into receivership. After an interval of about a year, the jigs and fixtures for building Kougar cars were acquired by a gentleman named John Killick who advertised and built several Kougars until 1999 when the building of Kougars was transferred to a company in Rye in Sussex which is the current situation.