1991 Land Rover Defender D90
1991 Land Rover Defender
|Engine:||3.9 Discovery V8|
|Item location:||Alhambra, California, United States|
Description for Land Rover Defender 1991
Update on 12/30 -- Been driving this truck daily, still, and it is awesome. Runs great. No leaks and is very clean all around. I have owned a number NAS 1997 D90s and this one compares very nicely. It is a blast to drive and you get waves and thumbs up everywhere you go. I have lowered the price some to move her quickly. No reason to spend $65k when you can get something very similar for half the price!
Here is a 1984 Defender 90 that started with a 2.5 turbo diesel that needed replacement. So, we took a discovery donor truck and installed the 3.9L fuel injected V8 motor and transmission with auto Lokar shifter.
No rust, rot or any other structural problems.Truck is very, very clean. Doors, foot wells, frame, cross member and bulkhead are all as solid as can be. See photos. Looks to be a very minor repair on rear cross member but solid nonetheless.
Interior is in incredible shape and solid for being 32 years old. Pictures say it all. Metal is solid all the way around. Seating is in great shape. No tears or rips and is actually comfortable! Rear cargo area is clean and solid as well. Glass is clean and the rear windows are black glass. Some minor scratches here and there visible in photos but nothing serious.
All gauges work as they should as to all lights, signals, dome light, wipers and even the rear wiper!
Tires and wheels are in great shape as well. Wheels are smooth and shiny with no scuffs or issues. Tires are newer with 80% left. The wheels and tires really complete the look.
This truck runs, shifts and brakes great with no issues. List of motor work done below and was completed by local Master Land Rover Technician.
1)1 Removed Diesel engine and transmission.
2) Cut out diesel style engine mounts of frame and welded in v8 gas mounts to frame.
3) Remove v8 drive train from discovery
4) Removed fuel injection wiring harness from discovery.
5) Installed v8 drive train in defender.
6) Integrate v8 fuel injection harness to defender
7) Installed new ignition switch
8) Installed new fuel pump
9) Installed v8 style radiator with new hoses.
10) Modified diesel power steering lines to v8 gas system
11) Relocated chassis harness from inside frame rail to outside frame rail to clear v8 exhaust system
12) wired starting circuit to only start in park and neutral.
13) Reseal intake manifold gasket and valve cover gaskets.
14) Modified discovery hand brake to work with defender handle.
15) Installed new belt with a/c compressor delete.
16) installed new spark plugs, cap rotor, and spark plug wires.
17) All fluids changed
18) Installed aftermarket transmission cooler.
19) Installed aftermarket transmission shifter
20) Modified transmission tunnel to clear larger transmission.
21) Repaired speedo cable
22) Change transmission filter
23) New tail pipe / muffled installed
Bottom line, truck looks, feels and drives great. The reliable 3.9L fuel injected discovery motor is leaps and bounds better than the 2.5 diesel motors normally in these trucks. The motor swap was done completely and professionally. The truck is very clean, very sharp and most importantly, very, very solid. This is a beautiful, turnkey truck ready to go!
any questions call 626-757-4249