MG MIDGET / ARKLEY KIT CAR
1972 MG MGB convertible
|SubModel:||Arkley kit car|
|Item location:||Marina, California, United States|
Description for MG MGB 1972
Arkley kit car based on a 1972 MG Midget. The car has been modified and was used for vintage racing many years ago. It is currently running and can be driven, however it needs to be timed and also needs a vacuum advance. Tends to backfire when driven. Rear brakes are sticking and need to be freed up /serviced.
Here are the specs:
1. Engine is a 1.8L Datsun bored .40 over, capacity now near 2.0L. Rated at 190-200 HP.Good head and cam (special cam). Penola pistons, balanced and blue printed, balanced and weighted flywheel.
2. Transmission is a stock 240-Z 4 speed. Will accept a 5 speed.
3. Rear end is from a Datsun 510 station wagon (spider gears welded).
4. Axles are from the 510 wagon and are not modified.
5. Drive shaft is shortened 240-z.
6. Rear wheels and brakes are standard 510 station wagon.
7. Front wheels are same size as rear. Rims are real Mini Mags made in England.
8. Rear springs are stock Midget with only the U-clamps being different at axle / attachment points Midget.
9. Radiator is from a Mazda RX-3. Modified bottom radiator hose port was moved from driver side to passenger side.
10. Hydraulics are Honda, model unknown, (clutch and brake masters).
11. Front springs are stock Midget, Koni shocks might be from Lotus Europa.
12. Front hood and rear deck are fiberglass.
13. Minimal rust on floor, tiny holes.Rest is fine.
Serious bidders are encouraged to ask questions before bidding.
No reserve auction.