Interior color: Blue
Vehicle Title: Clear
Item location: Portland, Oregon, United States
Extras

Listed by
Private seller
Enquire

Description of 1988 Mazda RX-7

Vehicle has an LM1 Chevy 350 motor which is stock. To the best of my knowledge the swap components are all Granny's. this is a project I bought half done and did work to. I'm selling this as an "as-is project". I have driven it to work. around town. but its not perfect. The tach isn't connected to the ignition because the car. stock. is designed for basically 'a 6 cylinder' and reads low without recalibrating the gauge itself. I disconnected and plugged the speedo on the trans because it leaked (but it read high). and the HVAC fan control needs to be re-enabled. The motor has even compression all the way across. cylinder 1 is 10psi down. The wiper stalk doesn't work (common issue. haven't done the fix). The speakers don't seem to be hooked up. The diff is an open diff and it definitely spins the inside tire. an LSD rear end would do wonders. It comes with a Weiand intake manifold. corvette exhaust manifolds. new water pump. new radiator fan. aluminum radiator. Mallory 4309 fuel pressure regulator with return. HEI ignition set to 36deg total timing w/o advance (advance on). new MSD custom ignition wires with new plugs. Wilwood clutch master w/custom steel braided hydraulic line going to a Miata slave on a custom bracket for the T5. As you can see the car has 5 lug brakes. its got 4 piston calipers up front. the brakes are great. I used a wideband oxygen sensor gauge (not included) and vacuum gauge to set the idle. power brakes are connected Someone with better experience than I should create a better throttle adapter for the carb than I made (to fully engage the throttle with the right pedal travel) and jet the carb Thermostat is 180F. vehicle has a fresh flush and radiator clean. fan and fan controller are new (comes on at 185F). The exhaust is a "racing beat" exhaust. and has two catalytic converters after each exhaust manifold. The exterior and interior as you see are very nice. I have never seen a second generation RX7 so clean. I can take pictures of any part of the car you like. cosmetically its lovely. There are two tiny dents. one in the passenger's rear quarter below the wing and another on the driver's side of the hood near the headlights. They are both so slight I couldn't seem to photograph them. and they would surely come out with paintless dent repair. I've got a couple videos of the car running below. Don't mind the water. I just cleaned up. I would love for someone to put a couple grand into this 350 and end up with a real beast with some serious horsepower-to-weight This car isn't rusty. we don't have salt on our roads in Oregon. so its very clean. Revving it up Engine bay. rev. walkaround Please don't hesitate to make an offer. I'm not stuck on full price Thanks:)